Why Challenge Coins Make the Perfect Gift
Most people associate challenge coins with military units and, to an almost equal extent, police and fire departments. There’s a good reason for that, of course. Military challenge coins date back to a tradition started during World War I. Military coins have been used as a badge of unit pride and esprit de corps ever since. Police coins and fire coins are almost as old of a tradition.
A Grand Tradition that has Gone Beyond Military Coins
But, while we certainly support our troops, the boys (and girls) in blue and our firefighters, and while many of the best challenge coins continue to be police, firefighter, Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force coins, the tradition has long since moved beyond just military and civil servants. Today, custom challenge coins make the perfect gift for anyone who takes pride in any of their accomplishments or associations – in short, just about everyone.
Today, there are Challenge Coins for Sale for Just about Everyone
Do you have someone to shop for, someone for whom you need that perfect gift, but you can’t put your finger on exactly what he or she would like? If you haven’t already, you should seriously consider custom challenge coins. Today, the best challenge coin makers can custom design and mold a challenge coin to fit any organization, association, accomplishment, team, school or just about anything else that you’d like to memorialize or commemorate.
Some Challenge Coin Ideas You May Not Have Thought Of
Practically any worthwhile accomplishment is worth commemorating with challenge coins. Need something for the graduating seniors? A challenge coin depicting the school’s colors, mascot and the graduation year makes a perfect gift that’s affordable enough to give to the whole class.
Want to reward your team for going the extra mile on the job? Whether it’s exceeding sales goals, record production on the assembly line or any other noteworthy accomplishment, a challenge coin tells them you truly appreciate their hard work while also helping to build team spirit, much like those original military challenge coins did for the soldiers whose commanders handed them out to show unit pride.
Here are a few more ideas where challenge coins would make the perfect gift:
- Give high-quality challenge coins to all the groomsmen in your wedding (or, hey, this is the 21st Century… give ‘em to the bridesmaids, too).
- Give school-related challenge coins to all of your teachers or professors at the end of the year.
- Give a challenge coin as a gift to a friend or relative upon passing Basic Training. While there are plenty of occasions for members of the military to receive challenge coins, this gives you the opportunity to help him show pride in his branch of service right from the get-go.
- Give challenge coins to the whole Little League, high school football or other sports team. Consider having a big moment from the season memorialized on one side of the custom challenge coins.
- Make custom challenge coins for all the members of your local Boy Scouts/Cub Scouts/Girl Scouts or other similar organization.
Custom challenge coins truly are a perfect gift for just about anyone – the only limit is your imagination.